Bartell’s southern girl says goodbye

Posted on September 18th, 2017 by Sara

By reporter Steven Smalley

One of the mainstays at Bartell Drugs in Magnolia Village is going home after 16 years. Latonia “Toni” Jordan has given her notice and will move in with her cousin closer to her New Orleans roots in Picayune, Mississippi. Magnolia Voice readers are sad to see her go.

“Many of us have been saved countless times while we navigated the Kodak Kiosks,” says Tara Larson, a Bartell’s shopper. “She singlehandedly masterminded many people’s Christmas cards and photo albums acting as the tech expert in the Photo Department. She is loved by so many customers.”

“I’ve been known to be the photo lady,” says Toni. “I try to make everyone’s pictures look like I’d like mine to look. When I’m helping you with your photos I’m giving you something I would like to buy. I try my best.”

As for the future?

“I don’t have anything lined up yet,” she reveals. “It could be photo or comedy.”

Stop by Bartell’s and wish Toni all the best.

8 responses to “Bartell’s southern girl says goodbye”

1. Anonymous says:

Thank you, Steven, for posting this! We will miss her!

2. Carol Tveit says:

Toni, I hate to hear you are leaving Magnolia but am happy for new adventure in your life. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all you’ve done for me. No more “leaky roofs”.

3. Noreen walsh says:

Best of luck Toni 😀 You helped me many times and always with a smile 👍 You will be missed

4. teofila M escarez says:

sorry to see you living Toni. For sure your family are happy seeing you and closed with them. Good luck and have a safe trip.

Your sweet smile will be missed.

I wish you luck..
    Fely

5. teofila Mm escarez says:

Your sweet smile will be missed.

I wish you luck..
    Fely

6. Linda Lorentzen says:

Best wishes to you! Thank you for all of your help over the years and always having a beautiful smile for all who walked in.

7. Katia Shuchman says:

Toni was always the familiar face that I would go to if I needed help on printing our picking out school projects. She will be missed and I am so happy for her deciding to move on I know you will be greatly missed.Have a happy life and take care.

8. Nancy Dickerson says:

I will miss you Toni! And yes!, you did such great work with those cell phone photos. Wishing you all the best in Mississippi.