Attempted gas theft

Posted on April 22nd, 2012 by Sara

MV reader Lindsay writes:

I live on the corner of 22nd Ave W andDravus Street. Last night, between 9:30pm and 5am, somebody attempted to siphon gas out of my gas tank. The person must have gotten spooked, because they left the tube in my gas tank as well as the nozzle and an empty Pittsburgh Steelers backpack. They managed to get my gas tank door open (which has a locking mechanism) and chipped the paint in the process. The police came and took the evidence, but I just want to warn readers to stay on the lookout. I’ll be buying a locking gas cap…

Thanks for the heads up!

24 responses to “Attempted gas theft”

1. Michael on McGraw. says:

aw…big troubles in small town America.? Let’s call in the FBI.

• Bs Susie says:

I’m not to sure about the FBI but if i were a home owner in Magnolia i would be calling Susan York to save my community before it is absolutly to late.

2. Jay Edgar says:

I appreciate the report.? Lets let the FBI focus on white colloar crime lords (also living in Magnolia).

3. Michael on McGraw. says:

Jay Edgar, good to see you come out of the closet with your concerns.? White collar crime in Magnolia?? And how about those residents continuing to use the Internet to scam people out of rental deposits?? Think the ‘Voice’?would be?interested in that?

4. Digphotodude says:

Hmm, might it have anything to do with all the camped out RV people who “live” on 20th and ?Dravus by the Arco? ?

• Dick Gozinya says:

?What is the deal with those permanently parked vehicles?

• Unterseecat says:

?Probably. Folks were siphoning gas out of vehicles in Ballard for a long time. Usually it was to start-up the RV to move it to another location or give themselves enough power to energize an outlet so they can cook.

What they’re cooking is another story altogether. Anyone recall the RV that burned down in front of the condos in Ballard a few years back? Big meth cooking operation going on there, don’t be surprised to see it in other RVs around here.

• FireDude says:

I put that fire out. ?There was no drug cooking operation in that particular RV. ?The occupants of the RV tried to start it by pouring gas directly into the carburetor.

5. sss says:

I have had gas syphoned three times in the last 2 months. ? ?